The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey selected Forest Electric New York (Forest NY) to install all lighting, devices, and finishes for the September 11 Memorial Pavilion because of our track record of successfully completing projects with elevated public visibility.
Due to the job’s high-profile nature, Forest NY worked closely with the project architects and other trade partners to deliver a quality installation that met both owner and design team expectations.
The client constructed the September 11 Memorial Pavilion to serve as the entrance to the memorial fountains and museum, as well as accommodate public programming and additional museum functions.
Our scope of services featured:
- Providing distribution switchgear and associated automatic transfer switches
- Providing a 3,000-kilowatt rooftop emergency backup generator serving both the pavilion and the museum
- Installing risers from the museum’s main switchgear to feed the distribution panels and provide power to all mechanical equipment and elevators
- A complete fit-out of the building’s systems and data, including:
- All general power
- Fire alarm
- Wi-Fi system
- Private mobile radio system
- Distributed antenna system
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum is located at the World Trade Center site.