Societe Generale, NEW YORK, NY
Societe Generale, France’s second largest bank, moved from its headquarters at 1221 Avenue of the Americas to a new state-of-the-art trading facility at 245 Park Avenue. Societe Generale required the necessary power infrastructure to operate its new 552,000 square-foot space.
Forest Electric provided the power infrastructure required to accommodate over 1,500 traders on floors three, four, and five of the bank’s new building. To achieve this, Forest installed UPS power to sixteen 350A power distribution units, which in turn feed 3,000 custom trading desk plugmold strips. This power provides redundancy at each desk location to ensure that the high-power trading firm remains up and running during any type of power failure.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Installed power infrastructure on floors three, four, and five.
- Installed state-of-the-art lighting and lighting controls in open areas.
- Installed stand-alone dimming systems in 15 conference rooms.
- Installed fire alarm system throughout floors three through five.
- Provided the power required for the 3rd floor Grab & Go employee café.
- Installed 103 panelboards and 19 transformers in each of the electric closets.
These panelboards and transformers distribute the power to each power device and light fixture by traveling underneath the raised floor and above the hung ceiling.
Societe Generale is a French multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Paris. The company is a universal bank split into three main divisions, Retail Banking and Specialized Financial Services, Corporate and Investment Banking and Global Investment Management and Services.