Forest Electric New York (Forest NY) provided and installed the power infrastructure for Societe Generale’s new 552,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art trading facility. Our systems would accommodate 1,500 traders working on the third, fourth, and fifth floors of the building.
To help ensure that the client could seamlessly continue operations during a power failure, we equipped each desk with redundant power.
Societe Generale needed to establish power infrastructure for their new location at 245 Park Avenue.
Our team provided and installed:
- Power infrastructure for floors three through five, featuring:
- Uninterruptable power supply systems
- 16 350-amp power distribution units
- 3,000 custom plugmold strips for each trading desk
- Power systems for the third-floor employee café
- Fire alarm systems
- State-of-the-art lighting and controls in open areas
- Standalone dimming systems in fifteen conference rooms
- 103 panelboards and 19 transformers in each electric closet
These panelboards and transformers distribute power to all devices and light fixtures by travelling underneath the raised floor and above the hung ceiling.
Societe Generale is a French multinational banking and financial services company.