Forest Electric New York (Forest NY) handled the buildout of a data center, supporting two new commercial spaces acquired by Citigroup. Forest NY was responsible for the fiber and copper risers and tie cables and installed various mission-critical components in a robust data center environment. Throughout the project, Forest NY supported the client with engineering, coordination, and BIM modeling services.
After taking over 388 and 390 Greenwich Street, Citigroup needed a new data center to handle multiple floors of high-density, mission-critical data and power usage.
Forest NY furnished and installed multiple types of cabinets, racks, and cable trays as well as fiber and copper tie cables and fiber trunks.
As part of the project scope, Forest NY installed:
- 1,000,000 feet of Commscope/TE copper cable
- 20,000 feet of miniature coaxial between racks
- Multiple Corning 72-strand and 24-strand Fiber MTP trunks
- 71 four-post equipment racks
- 56 B-Line electrical equipment cabinets
Citigroup is an American multinational bank headquartered in New York City.